Experience this behind-the-scenes journey through Moody Center, filled with surprises you could only find in Austin, TX.
Tickets on sale NOW!
This summer, Moody Center is set to open its doors for a behind-the-scenes look into what has made it one of the top 10 busiest arenas in the nation after only one year of opening. The expertly guided, 75-minute tour will tell the story and transformation of Moody Center from a 2018 paper napkin blueprint drawing by Matthew McConaughey to the award-winning $375 million dollar development completed in Spring 2022.
Learn how the venue was specifically designed to create a University of Texas basketball home-court advantage as well as an elevated concert experience bringing the best and biggest names in live entertainment to the capital city. Guests will have the ability to explore areas of the arena not typically open to the public, such as the back-of-house artist hallway, talent dressing rooms, and the exclusive Moët & Chandon Imperial Lounge.
Proceeds from every ticket sold will directly benefit Red River Rising, Moody Center’s community initiative that focuses on providing economic opportunity for local musicians and combating homelessness in Austin.
CELEBRATE SOMETHING SPECIAL
To commemorate a special event, birthday or anniversary, the option to utilize Moody Center’s iconic marquee located on the Self Concourse will be available for a small fee on a first-come basis.
Option to purchase after carting tickets.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Participants must purchase tickets online. Your phone is your ticket. Download the Moody Center App to add tickets to your digital wallet. Printouts or screenshots will not work for entry.
- Tickets are required for all guests, age two and older. Those younger than two years of age are free of charge.
- Venue tours are available on select Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in June, July and early August 2023. Tours will be offered at 11am, 2pm and 5pm CT (subject to change).
- Venue tours will not be available on event days.
- Tours are approximately 75 minutes in length and are limited to no more than 40 people per group. Groups over 20 will be split up into multiple tours. Comfortable walking shoes are encouraged. Find Moody Center’s clear bag policy here.
- Tours will meet at the Northwest Lobby Entrance.
- Every tour will strive to give attendees a full experience, however tour routes are subject to change due to possible events and activities taking place in the arena.
- All sales are final. In the event a tour is cancelled by Moody Center, a refund will be issued.
- Moody Center tours follow a predetermined route timed to maximize the experience of all guests. Specific seat locations are not available to visit after or during the tour.
- Please note that although strollers will be permitted, wagons are not allowed on the tour.
- Photography is permitted on the tour except in areas explicitly forbidden by the tour guide. Photography is not permitted for any commercial use. Videography and other recordings are not permitted at any time while on the tour.
- If you have a disability requiring any type of accommodation, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure assistance can be provided.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
In order to speak with someone regarding the need for an accommodation, please contact email@example.com prior to booking your tour.
Please see our Accessibility Guide for more information.
Tour routes and experiences are subject to change due to events and activities taking place in the arena.
Available tour dates below, subject to change:
June 5, 12, 14, 16, 20, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29
July 5, 6, 10, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 31
August 2, 7, 9, 11
ADA parking is available at Manor Garage on a first-come basis on the bottom floor. Please arrive early to ensure parking as close to the bottom floor as possible and use ramp as there is not an elevator in the garage.
If any guest needs to be dropped off at the entrance, they may do so from Robert Dedman Dr. outside of the Moody Center Dell Technologies Plaza and then go to the Northwest Lobby to check-In.
Please see here for a depiction of these parking areas.
If necessary, guests are permitted to bring a bag that fits within the following specifications:
A CLEAR BAG POLICY is in effect to enhance existing security measures and expedite venue entry at Moody Center.
Approved bags include:
Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 14″ x 14″ x 6″
One-gallon clear resealable plastic storage bags
Non-clear clutch bags or wallets must not exceed 5″ x 9″ x 1.5”
Prohibited bags include:
Any and all bags that do not meet the criteria above including items such as grocery totes, mesh or straw bags, duffle bags, diaper* bags, camera/binocular cases, and any other bags that arena event staff deem to not meet the clear bag policy.
*Items normally carried in a diaper bag must be placed into a clear plastic bag for entry.
All other animals, pets, and wildlife are prohibited.
Sealed bottled water is permitted. Water and other beverage options will be made available for purchase.
Snacks for children or guests with dietary needs are permitted.
In the event Moody Center cancels a tour, guests will be refunded. Turnaround time for processing refunds is approximately 30 days.
Alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco products, vaporizers, and drugs (including but not limited to marijuana and products containing THC)
Animals (unless a service animal as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act – ADA – and in accordance with Service Animal Policy)
Artificial noisemaking devices of any kind including but not limited to whistles, air horns, or plastic horns such as vuvuzelas
Bags, packs, and luggage that are not in compliance with the Bag Policy
Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, or similar items
Bottles or cans of any kind, shape, or size, regardless of material and regardless of empty or full
Cameras (see Recording Equipment below)
Distracting and dangerous items such as frisbees, balloons, beach balls, inflatables, laser pointers, light sticks flashlights, or other projectiles
Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
Explosives, including but not limited to explosive materials, fireworks, components, or parts
Food or beverages of any kind, except for those snacks needed for medical purposes
Hazardous items including but not limited to fuels, torches, lighter fluid, chemicals, paint thinners, batteries, or aerosols
Laptops and tablets, along with their accessories and similar devices, are prohibited except by Facility, team, league, or performance personnel with a valid working purpose, or by media and broadcast personnel with appropriate Facility credentials.
Packages or parcels of any kind, regardless of packaging
Selfie Sticks or telescopic devices, including but not limited to tripods, bipods, monopods, camera poles, or similar devices
Sporting equipment including but not limited to basketballs, sticks, bats, or other sports equipment
Strollers and wagons
Tobacco and/or smoking products, including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, cigars, lighters, marijuana, smokeless tobacco, and any other product, item, or device related to the consumption of tobacco or THC.
Tools, razor blades, razor-type blades, box cutters, letter openers, or scissors
Weapons (as defined above and in Weapons Policy – SEC-E-513), including but not limited to actual, toy, or replica:
1. Guns, firearms, firearm components/parts, ammunition and/or gun powder
2. Knives of any size, brass knuckles, black jacks, or kubatons
3. Martial arts weapons, night sticks, nunchucks, billy clubs, bats, stunguns/tasers, self-defense sprays, mace, pepper spray, sticks, or poles
Any other items deemed by the NCAA, NBA, or Facility personnel to be inappropriate, dangerous, or challenging to public safety in their league and/or Facility’s sole discretion.
Replica, toy, or antique representations of any the above items are also prohibited.