Last Modified: December 3, 2019
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect different kinds of personal information from or about you:
- Information you provide: We collect the personal information you provide—such as your name, username, address, telephone number, job title, or email address—when you use our products and services, create an account, Contact Us, sign up to receive updates on ticketing and premium seating, subscribe to our newsletters online or otherwise subscribe for our notifications regarding artist, news, or other arena updates, apply for employment, interact with us at in-person events, or otherwise interact with us.
- Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our websites we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, browsing information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically.
- Information from third parties: We may collect information from third parties, including business partners, marketing agencies, or publicly accessible sources. This may include your contact information from marketing partners when we engage in joint marketing or co-branding activities, your IP address or location information from service providers to offer certain products and services relevant to your location.
We may need to collect personal information from you by law, under a contract we have with you or in order to enter into a contract with you. Where we need to collect personal information in such circumstances, and you fail to provide that information where you are obliged to do so or when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal information to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services, and to protect us and our customers. We collect, process, and determine how to process your personal information as data controller for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you: We may communicate with you about your transactions, employment requests, and to inform you about our policies and terms. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity. Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to send you marketing communications in relation to our own products and services, such as event updates or premium seating. Also subject to your prior express consent, we may share your personal information with third-party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please Contact Us to opt out. We may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us.
- Providing, improving, and developing our products and services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using personal information for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
- Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use personal information to personalize your experience with our products and services, on third-party websites and applications, and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent at any time by Contacting Us.
- Promoting safety and security: We use personal information to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
As a global company, we have a number of corporate affiliates in different jurisdictions. Each of these affiliates collects, processes and determines how to process your personal information as a data controller to help provide you the products and services you request.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by us with these companies or entities in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent. We may also share personal information with corporate affiliates and in case of corporate business transfers, and for purposes of legal compliance and security. We may also share personal information to the extent provided for in our directories as set forth below.
We may share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting; email services; marketing; sponsoring of promotions; auditing; payment processing; fulfilling customer orders; data analytics; providing customer support; conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys; and other services that assist in selling our products and services. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
CORPORATE AFFILIATES AND CORPORATE BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
We may share personal information with all Oak View Group-affiliated companies and the University of Texas. In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party.
LEGAL COMPLIANCE AND SECURITY
We may disclose personal information, as necessary by law, or as a result of legal process, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or customers.
YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
Depending on where you live, you may have the rights described below. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal information that we collect. You are also entitled to object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal information or restrict the purposes for which it is processed. You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured and standard format and you have the right to have the data transferred to a third party. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information. Please note that we can remove your contact information from our database on request, but to the extent such information has been transferred to any third party, you must contact such third party directly.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal information, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal information that we maintain.
You may Contact Us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please Contact Us and include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the request.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
INFORMATION SECURITY, INTEGRITY, AND RETENTION
We take reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security precautions to protect and prevent unauthorized access to your information.
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorized access to your information and computers or other devices. If you feel that the security of your personal information has been compromised in connection with our products or services, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information.